Sunday 25 November 2007

Many hands make light work!



Well, had a busy(ish!) couple of days in the garage, wiring and fitting 2 Period Lucas SLR700s Flamethrower Driving Lamps.

They have been wired so that they come on with the Main Beam, but this can be over-ridden with a switch which I've mounted oni the dash (also period Lucas!).

The difficult thing to find was replacement bulbs. I spent 2 hours the night before last searching for some, as the ones the lamps came withwere bodged beyond belief. £30 later, 2 bulbs arrived in the post the next day. I opened the package to find that one of the bulbs had been smashed in transit!

I'm currently waiting for http://www.holden.co.uk/ to get back to me on that one.. I currently have one lamp that's dimmer than the other!

Anyway, I can now see much better in the dark! Let's just hope the dynamo can keep up with them...!

1 comment:

Mr C. Perkins said...

Fantastic! That sight alone makes me want to go on a historic rally... Go Lucas!