Monday 26 November 2007

Other Rallying Related Stuff

Along with the lights, the car is currently being kitted out with some other Historic Rallying bits 'n' bobs. Among these will be:

  • New (used!) boot lid, already gone in for paint, to mount a spare wheel carrier on


  • Map Light inside


  • Retrotrip Tripmeter (still need to save up for this!):















I'm undecided as to whether to keep the Rostyles on or put a set of Minilites on that I have... Perhaps I'll keep the 'lites for when I'm road rallying.

Starting my rallying career next week (!) in a 1962 Rover P4 on one of the local motor club's capers - http://www.vbmc.co.uk/ :





Anyway, must go now and get my spotlights angled correctly!

14 comments:

Stephen McEvoy said...

We all know the rack is for a picnic basket! ;)

Richard Craig said...

NO IT ISN'T!

It's for Road Rallying and Touring needs!

Stephen McEvoy said...

You can't fool us that easily lol!!

Richard Craig said...

I can! You just wait for the rally pics to start flooding in! :p

Stephen McEvoy said...

With sandwiches flying off the boot and tea running down the wings!! :)

Richard Craig said...

Go away! haha!

Stephen McEvoy said...

*Dodges Sandwich* LOL

Richard Craig said...

Look - I know you secretly want a roofrack for your car - that must be so you can fit extra sandwiches in a Granny Box!

Stephen McEvoy said...

At least I'll be able to put weight on it and still open the boot :P

Richard Craig said...

oooh! Don't worry - so will I! Rostyle wheels aren't that heavy!

Stephen McEvoy said...

you're forgetting we had an MGB, Rostyle wheels are heavy beasts!

Richard Craig said...

No, yours would have been (slightly!) heavier - they were 14 inch! These are only 13". Makes all the difference, you know!

Mr C. Perkins said...

Stop arguing you two lol! Besides.. There isn't anything wrong with carrying tea in your British car... would it be going too far if I fitted a tea flask holder next to the fire extinguisher??

Stephen McEvoy said...

As long as it ain't on display it's perfectly acceptable Chris lol